1. Plan a core question for discussion.
2. Share your experience (2 or 3 minutes). If feasible, share a short audio or video clip to anchor the discussion (~30 - 40 seconds).
3. Respond to colleagues questions.
4. Listen while colleagues discuss the issue.
5. Summarize how you are thinking now. What are the implications?
What did you do differently to help students to consolidate their ideas? What might you do if you find that ideas are still fragile for some students? Prepare for a 5–minutes discussion of your experience. (There may or may not be time for everyone to share experiences in every study group, but preparing to discuss your own experience will contribute to discussion of others’ experiences.)
Supported by the National Science Foundation, grant #0918435A.
Copyright 2011, TERC. All Rights Reserved.